Human beings by nature have a hard time with change and with making successful transitions. ?We are simply creatures of habit and generally resist new approaches to life. ?One of the biggest transitions in life comes when a man divorces. ?So many changes - lifestyle, finances, habits, friends, relationships, fathering, physical health and more - that if a man doesn't manage to keep himself together, he can fall apart and watch his world crumble around him emotionally and otherwise.
Watching that happen to a friend a few years ago, I talked to a number of dads who seem to me to have made it through the transition successfully, and I have summarized their recommendations in Self-Care for Men Going Through Divorce. ? Looking at things like personal physical health, emotional connections, mental wellness and spirituality, I found some common threads that I hope will help any father going through the emotional and physical rigors of divorce and now finding himself facing the new realities in life.
I would also appreciate our readers' thoughts about what you have learned about surviving divorce and how you have put your life back together as a new single man and father.
More on surviving divorce:
Image courtesy of Getty Sports
Follow me on Twitter | Join my LinkedIn Group | Connect with me on Facebook
Watching that happen to a friend a few years ago, I talked to a number of dads who seem to me to have made it through the transition successfully, and I have summarized their recommendations in Self-Care for Men Going Through Divorce. ? Looking at things like personal physical health, emotional connections, mental wellness and spirituality, I found some common threads that I hope will help any father going through the emotional and physical rigors of divorce and now finding himself facing the new realities in life.
I would also appreciate our readers' thoughts about what you have learned about surviving divorce and how you have put your life back together as a new single man and father.
More on surviving divorce:
Image courtesy of Getty Sports
Follow me on Twitter | Join my LinkedIn Group | Connect with me on Facebook
No comments:
Post a Comment