
Each time another man asks me, "so what you?" which plays conversation is in the same way.
I tell him I'm a writer, and he asks: "Oh, what you have written?" "Who is your Publisher?" If I say, "I mean own." I am a blogger "to change the look on his face from Wow, you can immediately in meh, (it is like I said," I am a Athlete…on of the company softball team. ")." And then comes the inevitable question, "what you have to write?" "I usually cover water, food, social justice, environment, activism, you know, the most pressing issues on the planet".
Large still continue.
And then I hear, "So, Bob, how about the game last night?" followed by a lively discussion about the best line of defense in the League, has, in which I smile weak and excuse me reason and walking out with some lame.
Sometimes I lead who wants into a guy toe to toe on specific environmental problems, and then I usually get to hear this dude some bullshit vomiting, they remembered the talking head tell recap on the news last night (before the game starts). Again, it's almost always the same.
It is strange. If "male" subjects such as sports, cars, or business, or what are discussing whatever I see usually a larger differences passionately. But with the environment, you are either "green", or you're not. They are either to save the whales, or are on the rights of the fishermen. You are now on cheap energy, or are you about investment in clean energy for the future.
If a man go toe to toe on an environmental issue, sometimes I want the challenge and offer my refutation, their - points to we, on the basis of facts and figures, science and data, taking into account the long-term impact of the problem.
And again, it is a large silent pause.
Now compare this scenario with a fictitious meeting me to talk smack to, that same random group of men of sport: "I can not believe, you guys spend so time observe much other men homoerotic mock battles, grunting and sweating and patted each other on their tights clad, beat ass over engineered."
Probably, you can almost see through followed by a heated debate as I simply don't get the steam from the ears, and perhaps even a summary of the studies about the positive aspects of sport or a pithy quote from a popular athlete or coach as is noble everything.
There is no lack of courage to defend it - or his favorite team or favorite player - and there is no shortage of facts and figures.
This is when I scratch my head. Why is a professional athlete record, or a team not poisoning which we drink air we breathe and the water and the food we eat statistics or the results of their next game, more important than talking about?
I know men who are environmental activists and fundraisers, journalists and biologists, green entrepreneurs and socially-conscious philanthropists. I know men, whose appearance on the contrary is outer - Cowboys and those embrace tree, to great lengths to preserve that and preserve our natural resources in their own way. And I know also unscrupulous business people, the all over "going green", as long as it saves them money.
But these guys environmentalists are for the most part, to much anxiety, as a capital E to fiery speeches, to convince their friends and colleagues, of which, how important are these questions is branded.
I see not many men ready to say "it's words, Vampire son" when it comes to the protection of our environment.
That leaves me questions why I ever do. It is all so much work, that talk about real-world issues and measures against them, try to educate themselves about the people, and to the questions that they think critically.
Maybe I should switch pages only.
F * ck environment, when will the game start?
[Note: this post was written as a tongue-in-cheek piece, and who I am sport or talks about them may attack.] I just wonder why we can get the same attention on the environment. [It was previously released on the good men project, and it has some quite passionate comments it.]
: Image agency motorways at Flickr
No comments:
Post a Comment